My favorite dinner ever. Why you ask? Here, I’ll just make a list.
1. Serves a lot of people or gives you lots of leftovers so you don’t have too cook for a week.
2. You will want to eat this for a week straight. For lunch, dinner, and dessert.
3. Yes, I said dessert. It’s that good.
4. Made me forget about chocolate for 15 minutes while shoving this down my pie hole.
5. Taste like a cross between tomato soup and tortilla soup. But better. Because it’s both of my favorite soups in one.
6. Pulled chicken is too good to be a thing.
7. Even if you over cook the chicken where it’s dry, the liquid from this soup will sop up in between each of the creves of the pulled chicken making it super juicy.
8. Catherine should sell this soup. She’d be a bijillionaire. FACT.
Spicy Chicken Soup:
Orignial recipe from All Recipes
2 quarts water
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 tablespoon onion powder
5 cubes chicken bouillon
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
In a large pot over medium heat, combine water, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken, reserve broth. Shred chicken. In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly browned. Stir in salsa, diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, tomato soup, chili powder, corn, chili beans, sour cream, shredded chicken and 5 cups broth. Simmer 30 minutes.
You’re welcome- for introducing you to this soup.